Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to SweetFunke

Welcome to SweetFunke Blog!

Some are know for wearing their feelings on their shoulders. Well, I wear my feelings on my feet and I dress exactly HOW I FEEL! If I feel girlie, then you will catch me in a flouncing skirt or dress. Or if I feel conservative, I may rock a crop blazer with a pair of wide legged jeans or pants, paired with purple stilettos! Whateva the case, my style can best be described as simply Sweet with a twist of Funke. Hence, the name Sweetfunke!

Sweetfunke represents MY style and who I am at core as a self-proclaimed fashionista. My style can’t be placed in a box. Some days, i'm frock while other days, i'm trendy.. When I’m focused... expect a trendy-conservative appeal. Either way, I strive to wear my clothes and NOT let them wear me. I love every piece of clothing I own, whether boutique, discounted store bought, thrift/vintage or consignment….. I love that each piece of clothing I own will look and make me feel like I want to feel that day.

Sweetfunke is also how I accessorize. Im a huge believer in accessorizing and I believe to accessorize is to personalize. Every look should say something about who you are and your overall fashion sense! Take time to invest in quality accessories that will guarantee a splash of flare to any outfit. A quality accessory can be jewlry of course, outerwear or a nice fitting belt! Accessorizing is what I like to call "SweetFunke"!

Enough about me! Lol You may be wondering why I started this blog. Well I wanted to be able to share, document and discuss fashion in a forum discussion. I don’t know about you, but Im disappointed every time I leave the mall! I can never find something that is truly me or unique. Once a certain style or fashion catches on, people take on a cookie cutter approach to fashion. Malls have variations of the same ole thing! BORING!!! I challenge myself to create a difference in my wardrobe and yours too! Its my hope to pass on fashion inspiration while giving fashion tips…I will keep the fashion tips coming!

I decided to show the world how I keep my fashion options fresh and interesting. I frequent vintage, consignment and thrift stores in search of my next outfit. What’s even better about shopping second hand is the price! I have yet to spend 1/3 of what a garment would typically sell for. Awesome right?!?! I will show you how I take cheap clothing and turn them into head-turning outfits! I will blog about my fashion, including shoes. I will give you honest reviews about shoes. And of course, I will blog about my personal views, daily challenges and accomplishments. I look forward to having you become apart of my world!

Whatever you wear, dont forget to Sweetfunke it out and thank you checking me ou

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a New Orleans native turned Georgia Peach! With so many thrift and consignment shops in Atlanta. I decided to document my finds. As if recent, I have stumbled across a new hobby! Furniture painting! Even more than fashion, I love decorating and turning old vintage pieces into something that's uniquely trendy. I hope you enjoy my journey of creativity!