Sunday, August 14, 2011

Outfit of the Day-A Look of Sweet Nostalgia

Sweet Nostalgia-Kindergarten Graduation (Me and Momma)

As I coordinated my recent outfit of the day, I got an instant feeling of nostalgia. Everything about this outfit seemed reminiscent of my younger years. I recall waiting, seemingly for hours, watching my Mom dress! She would lay everything out while she rumbled through her accessories to add the finishing touches to her outfit.  I would sit patiently and wait to see the outcome. Little did she know, I was being throroghly entertained! I was amazed at how she seemed to coordinate her shoes with her purse and how every piece of her outfit picked up the sparkle in the diamond pieces that adorned her wrist and finger.  She is indeed an elegant lady of class.

Along her dresser stood a variety of perfumes and Private Collection by Este Lauder seemed to be the fragrance that fancied her senses the most...I would sniff it and immediately put it down.  It was almost a sin to touch her Private Collection!  She taught me that a sweet fragrance should also always compliment your look. Come to think of it,,,,Ive never met a good looking woman that didnt smell good!  Needless to say, I didnt realize my mom was training me to be the woman I am today. I am oh so grateful that I was taught firsthand how to be and project myself as a lady...A Nostalgic treasure!

She would always say, "Erica WEAR YOUR BEST!"  Those words still ring in my ear today.  I strive to "WEAR BY BEST", look my best and be my best at everything I do.  She taught me that presentation is the key to success and boy was she right.  I love you Momma!


Whats SweetFunke about my OOTD?

The fluttering ruffled  sleeves of the blouse,the fluted skirt and the taupe clutch all brought me back to the 80s. But what is so SweetFunke about this outfit is the versatility...You can wear a look like this to a business meeting, dinner with friends or to a worship service.  This outfit is modest and sure to give a great first impression.



  



Here's a few other pics....



Enjoy the Slide Show...Thanks for Watching!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm a New Orleans native turned Georgia Peach! With so many thrift and consignment shops in Atlanta. I decided to document my finds. As if recent, I have stumbled across a new hobby! Furniture painting! Even more than fashion, I love decorating and turning old vintage pieces into something that's uniquely trendy. I hope you enjoy my journey of creativity!