Monday, July 11, 2011

Outfit of the Day-Floral Inspiration

A Floral Inspiration-Outfit of the Day
Some may assume that stripes and florals are an automatic mis-match.Have you noticed the latest fashion trend? Floral prints are being mixed with striped prints!  Who wouldve have guessed this trend would bring fashion to the next level! Nowadays, there is no need for an outfit to match perfectly....As long as it coordinates...you're good!

Rule of Thumb
When mixing floral prints with stripes be aware of color.When pairing florals with stripes...allow the floral print to work as your inspiration.  From the floral print, pick a stripe print that will compliment and coordinate with your floral inspiration.  Try to choose a not-so-obvious color when matching a stripe print to a floral print.  Mixing these two prints will definitely add flare and spice to your look!

Your floral inspiration can be any top, blouse, skirt or pant that has a profound floral print.  In my outfit of the day, I chose a beautiful floral print pant, which also happens to be coolots! Yes! Coolots!!! If you were born in the 90's, the word coolots may not have any meaning to you. Coolots are wide leg flowing pants or capri-style pants.  Coolots are often mistaken for skirts but offers the same comfort of wearing pants.


SweetFunke Outfit of the Day
It all started with a couple of trips to the Goodwill...Once I laid my eyes on the floral coolots (shown above) it was ALL OVER! I instantly became inspired! These coolots were designed/created by Carole Little's Pettite line. According to buyersnirvana "Carole Little clothing is a well known and well loved West Coast label. She designed clothing with a designer look but at affordable prices. Carole Little became popular for her use of colorful and unusual fabric prints and flattering cuts of clothing." I counted myself fortunate picking these pants up for only $4.99 at my local thrift store (Value Village-Roswell).

I coupled the floral pant with a tank top I picked up from my local Goodwill for only $0.99.  The tank is designed my Faded Glory which is a major clothing line sold in Walmart stores...

Enjoy my slideshow displaying my latest Outfit of the Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a New Orleans native turned Georgia Peach! With so many thrift and consignment shops in Atlanta. I decided to document my finds. As if recent, I have stumbled across a new hobby! Furniture painting! Even more than fashion, I love decorating and turning old vintage pieces into something that's uniquely trendy. I hope you enjoy my journey of creativity!